Due to the Yenny Lopez Reboot that has happened on February 9, 2015... ALL of the Classic Yenny info will be rearranged to make room for the reboot info. NO classic Yenny info is to be deleted, as it must be kept for reference purposes. Info will be posted as soon as it becomes available from Dave Alvarez.
Yennyssa "Yenny" Marie Lopez is the titular and main character of the Yenny comic series. An 18 year-old who has dreams of becoming a successful fashion model. Though she has high hopes, she is hindered by her very large (and extremely ticklish) feet. She lives in a beachside cottage at Villa Los Kubos with her mother Yunny Lopez, her younger sister Yessy Lopez, an iguana named Zacha, and a sea turtle named Bukestalifaro. Between her modeling assignments and schooling, she plays volleyball and does various odd local jobs.
Personality & AppearanceEdit
Yenny has blue hair, a very tanned and toned body, and very large feet; all which has made her iconic among readers. She is sweet, active and sometimes very naive... unaware of her sexyness to others.
One of Yenny's strongest characteristics is her "Boricua nature". No matter where she goes in the world she will wear her short shorts and listen to her Reggaeton and Salsa music. This brings about very humorous situations when she visits different places.
According to the "Art of Yenny" Book Yenny was very tomboyish within the 2003 and 2004 comic strips. Her hair was a darker blue, her skin color was lighter, and her arm muscles were more visible emphasizing her toughness.
Starting from 2005, Yenny has changed to her more current appearance with longer and lighter blue hair, a more intense skin tan, more delicate features and behaves more feminine.
Yenny's attire is always very revealing, displaying much of her skin.
Her standard clothes are short torn denim shorts (Daisy Dukes) with stylized pink, white and light blue Puerto Rican flags on the back pockets, a small white-colored (and on occasion black) bikini tube top that displays a minor amount of cleavage, most of her back and all of her midriff, and lastly yellow (sometimes black or white on occasion) thin flip flops or platform heels.
Most of the time, Yenny will be barefoot either at home or anywhere near her home, and will wear flip flops when she goes to places that are further away, like the grocery store or her school. According to Dave Alvarez in the "Art Of Yenny" book, it's pretty normal for a Latina girl who lives in daily "90 degrees and up" temperature to dress this way.
Yenny has extremely large feet for a girl of her height and size. Large feet typically run in Yenny's family with most members having feet as large or larger than Yenny's. According to Dave Alavrez, Yenny's shoe size is officially size 18 (U.S. Mens)
For more information, see: Yenny's Feet
On April 13, 2014, Dave had some considerations for the series showcasing Yenny's future life along with the lives of her friends. In this timeline there would be some serious character progression with Yenny, Margot, Tomate and her newborn baby Tomatito, moving from the beach and into the city to finish their studies and find jobs. Yenny manages to find a job at a local gym, while also still doing odd jobs on the side, Margot will run her Mother's fashion magazine and Tomate will be a trainer for single moms. They all live in the same apartment which will be a difficult process to accept along with the cold nature of a big city.
This was only conceptual and was not used in the Yenny timeline.thumb|left|link=
Before the Yenny Lopez comic series reboot, the "Classic Yenny comic series" (2003-2014) had Yenny as 22 years old and she had a much more curvaceous body and more skimpy attire. According to Dave Alvarez, these elements had to be toned down in order to make Yenny more "audience friendly". Other changes include Yenny's height which was officially changed by Dave Alvarez on March, 29, 2015, from 5'9" in the classic series to 6'2" in the reboot...
Yenny has done many jobs. According to the "Art of Yenny" book, most of these jobs include a babysitter, pizza girl, a waitress, a brand mascot, a "molmart" employee, a cleaning girl, a bank clerk, a coffee girl, a pretzel girl, a secretary, a security guard, and a professional foot model (on two different occasions).
Yenny studies modeling at Carizzo College and does regular studies at Puerto Rico Caribe University.
According to the "Art of Yenny" Book, She got a scholarship for Carizzio but after her father, Rafa, came back she lost her scholarship privileges to how she has to study half time at Puerto Rico Caribe University.
- Though the series has shown that Yenny's feet are too large to wear anything other than sandals and platform heels, Yenny has worn close toed footwear on rare occassion. In earlier strips (mostly 2005 strips) She has worn sneakers when doing an athletic activity such as running track or when having a discussion within a class setting.
- Yenny possesses incredible body strength. She has been shown to hang completely straight and horizontally from a pole by gripping it with only her toes. Her kicks are capable of hurling people through walls.
- Yenny is capable of doing various tasks with her feet and skillfully uses them like a second pair of hands. She can do small tasks like turning off alarm clocks, placing clothes in a washing machine, lifting small weights, or playing video games. She can effortlessly type on a keyboard with all of her toes and can send text messages on her phone at the same time. She is also capable of typing at extreme speeds if she uses all her fingers and toes at once. (How there is room for her hands and feet to do this on a small keyboard is unknown, but matches the hilarious absurdity of the Yenny comic strip series.)
- Yenny frequently takes very good care of herself, and at various times can be seen throughout the series maintaining her hair, applying make-up and rubbing lotion or oils on her feet.
- On March 20, 2014, Yenny had shaved her entire head in support of all individuals who are fighting against cancer and to support all cancer research efforts. This was very meaningful as Yenny greatly cherishes her hair, but is willing to sacrifice it for a very good cause.
- On August 18, 2014, Yenny had participated in the ice bucket challenge, which was a popular, real world activity created in order to spread ALS awarness and research donation efforts. Yenny engaging in the challenge despite her extreme sensitivity with cold objects makes her participation all the more meaningful and shows that she is willing to subject herself to intense discomfort if it is for a very good and charitable cause.