Yennyssa "Yenny" Marie Lopez is the titular character of the Yenny comic series. A 22-year-old who has dreams of becoming a successful fashion model. Though she has high hopes, she is hindered by her very large (and extremely ticklish) feet. She lives in a beachside cottage at Villa Los Kubos with her mother Yunyssa Lopez, her younger sister Yessy Lopez, an iguana named Zacha, and a sea turtle named Bukestalifaro. Between her modeling assignments and schooling, she plays volleyball and does various odd local jobs.
Personality & AppearanceEdit
Yenny has blue hair, a very tanned and toned body, and very large feet; all which has made her iconic among readers. She is sweet active and naive, sometimes unaware of her sexyness.
One of Yenny's strongest characteristics is her "Boricua nature". No matter where she goes in the world she will wear her short shorts and listen to her Reggaeton and Salsa music. This brings about very humorous situations when she visits different places.
According to the "Art of Yenny" Book Yenny was very tomboyish within the 2003 and 2004 comic strips. Her hair was a darker blue, her skin color was lighter, and her arm muscles were more visible emphasizing her toughness.
Starting from 2005, Yenny has changed to her more current appearance with longer and lighter blue hair, a more intense skin tan, more delicate features and behaves more feminine.
Yenny's attire is always revealing, displaying much of her skin. Her standard clothes are short shorts with stylized pink, white and light blue Puerto Rican flags on the back pockets, a small (usually white-colored) top, and flip flops or platform sandals. Most of the time she tends to go barefoot either at home or anywhere near her home, and will wear flip flops when she goes to places that are further away, like the store or school. According to Dave Alvarez in the "Art Of Yenny" book, it's pretty normal for a Latina girl who lives in daily "90 degrees and up" temperature to dress this way. .
Yenny has extremely large feet for a girl of her height and size. Large feet typically run in Yenny's family with most members having feet as large or larger than Yenny's. According to Dave Alavrez, Yenny's shoe size is officially size 18 (U.S. Mens)
For more information, see: Yenny's Feet
A long time running gag through the Yenny strip is Yenny's extreme ticklishness which humorously gets her into trouble (Mostly with the Blanko Goth Twins or Cheecaca), ruins beneficial opportunities or property around her. This is also emphasized by Alvarez in the "Art of Yenny" Book, Yenny having such big feet always gets them into large ticklish situations. Most of the time Yenny's ticklishness causes problems for anyone who tickles her (Intentionally and unintentionally) leaving them injured from Yenny's reactions. The biggest incidents typically deal with Yenny's feet and any pedicurists that touch them... often leaving the pedicurist severely injured by a kick from Yenny.
For more information see the Tickling page.
Most of Yenny's family have ticklish birthmarks on various parts of their bodies. These marks are extremely sensitive areas representing where the individual's "most ticklish spot" is. Yenny has a birthmark on the sole of left foot right underneath her big toe. Touching this peculiar brown mark on any Yenny family member will drive them crazy with laughter. Some family members have more than one ticklish birthmark with Yenny being one of the few to have two.
Another interesting fact about the birthmarks is that they are so sensitive they can actually detect approaching tropical storms. This works by the mark becoming really cold. Apparently this is a family trait since Yunny revealed she was also able to detect tropical storms through the birthmark on her inner thigh.
For more information see the ticklish birthmark page.
Yenny has done many jobs. According to the "Art of Yenny" book, most of these jobs include a babysitter, pizza girl, a waitress, a brand mascot, a "molmart" employee, a cleaning girl, a bank clerk, a coffee girl, a pretzel girl, a secretary, a security guard, and a professional foot model (on two different occasions).
Yenny studies modeling at Carizzo College and does regular studies at Puerto Rico Caribe University.
According to the "Art of Yenny" Book, She got a scholarship for Carizzio but after her father, Rafa, came back she lost her scholarship privileges to how she has to study half time at Puerto Rico Caribe University.
- Though the series has shown that Yenny's feet are too large to wear anything other than sandals and platform heels, Yenny has worn close toed footwear on rare occassion. In earlier strips (mostly 2005 strips) She has worn sneakers when doing an athletic activity such as running track or when having a discussion within a class setting.
- Yenny possesses incredible body strength. She has been shown to hang completely straight and horizontally from a pole by gripping it with only her toes. Her kicks are capable of hurling people through walls.
- Yenny is capable of doing various tasks with her feet and skillfully uses them like a second pair of hands. She can do small tasks like turning off alarm clocks, placing clothes in a washing machine, lifting small weights, or playing video games. She can effortlessly type on a keyboard with all of her toes and can send text messages on her phone at the same time. She is also capable of typing at extreme speeds if she uses all her fingers and toes at once. (How there is room for her hands and feet to do this on a small keyboard is unknown, but matches the hilarious absurdity of the Yenny comic strip series.)
- Yenny's revealing attire is not just because she lives on the beach, but because any clothing that she wears (such as long sleeve shirts, pants, socks, etc) will make her body temperature rise causing her to sweat profusely and have a look of near dehydration. It's uncertain why this only happens with Yenny and no other character other than her sister Yessy. It is also speculated that Yenny's body temperature is very high in general as she is able to walked through New York in the winter time (generally known to have very cold weather) wearing nothing but a jacket, shorts and flip flops.
- When invasively asked about how soft the soles of her feet were by a pair of probing foot fetishist siblings "Topo and Topa" in her first visit to New York, she hesitantly described them as "Silky Soft". (April 14 2007 comic strip)
- Yenny frequently takes very good care of herself, and at various times can be seen throughout the series maintaning her hair, applying make-up and rubbing lotion or oils on her feet.
- According to a picture made by David Alvarez, Yenny goes through dozens of bottles of nail polish just to paint her toenails...from the amount seen in the picture, it is assumed that at least one whole bottle was used for each single toenail.